Wow… happy 2017!! I can’t believe it is almost halfway through January already!! Where is the time going?!
We had a busy holiday season between hosting Christmas Eve, Christmas celebrations and a trip to Arizona for one of my brother’s wedding!! And now I am finally starting to get back to day to day life and of course, getting around to posting my favs of 2016!
So here you have it..my favorite posts of 2016…
1. My number one favorite was this sugar cookie wreath. I was so proud of how it came out. It also won first place at the cookie exchange party I went to I might add:). For Christmas I also made another sugar cookie wreath because loved it so much (although on Christmas I just used pre-made icing… so a quicker route for anyone that is interested in making one but a little skeptical of making the homemade icing too:) ).
2. Emma’s 3rd Birthday Luau, it was such a fun event and I loved the favors (the mini pineapple cups with sunglasses you see in the background). Lawrence also did a fabulous job smoking all the meat for the event. A fun surprise at the end of the party was the Hawaiian Kona Ice truck that I got to come. Such a great day celebrating my Emma.
3. This wreath, it was a big favorite. It is so gorgeous and I especially loved the photograph I took of it. Looking forward to enjoying this wreath every fall season. If you haven’t made one yet I recommend crafting one this winter!
4. These Valentines Day Funfetti cookies are AMAZING. One of my favorite cookies, I have since made this Halloween version and a Christmas version (which I have yet to post). Always a crowd favorite. You could even make them for the Super Bowl using the M&M and sprinkle colors of your favorite team.
5. This Halloween House was a big hit and I was so happy with how it came out… very festive and a LOT of fun to make! Next year I may decorate another one with Emma! I also want to do a Christmas version:).
6. These Strawberry Greek Yogurt Pops are so easy to make and such a healthy treat. Emma and I made these a bunch of times this summer and fall….they are one of our favorite things to make together and because of this they make the top 9. They are also YUMMY and have only 3 ingredients!
7. This Blackberry and Elderflower Rose Cocktail is awesome and perfect for any fancy occasion or anytime you want a simple girly cocktail! I had this at the Norwich Inn & Spa when I was on a date night with Lawrence and it was so good I had to recreate it at home.
8. While not a recipe, we had so much fun snow painting last year (and the fun continues this year) that I had to give it a spot on my Top 9! A must do for anyone with young kids! Even I enjoy it!
If I could have a number 10 (aka it could fit in the photo) I would have picked this snow ice cream….it is so yummy (and super easy)! Emma and I love to make snow ice cream each snow storm and I excited to share with you the new flavor we came up with this past week! But in the meantime if you still have some clean leftover snow from this past snowstorm…I strongly recommend making this one!
And that’s a wrap folks… 2016 was definitely the year of the frozen treats and festive cookies (with a specialty cocktail or two thrown in there for good measure).
I am reserving 2017 for the year of awesome cheese boards. I figure it will be perfect motivation to always have a few cheeses, crackers and what not on hand at all times for any last minute get togethers/for any guests that may stop by so I don’t need to scramble to the store last minute.
Annddd… saving the best for last… our big news of late 2016/early 2017….drum roll please…Emma is going to be a big sister in May!!! We are beyond excited!! (Needless to say this is another reason I have been a little bit quieter on the blog lately)…below is our holiday card from this year…
A belated happy holidays and happy new year!